I drew inspiration from a post on Emmy Cooks, and have since used this recipe lots, including for tagliatelle and ravioli, but most often for lasagne.
Handle gently with fingertips throughout to avoid it getting doughy.
Makes enough for 3-4 large lasagne sheets, or 2 good portions of pasta wth sauce.
You will need:
- 2 cups of white flour
- 1 tsp tumeric (for colour, therefore optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 a cup of cold water (plus extra if needed)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
1. Combine flour, tumeric and salt in a bowl.
2. Add water and olive oil and stir thoroughly until a ball is formed, adding a little more water if required to make the ball come together, or a bit more flour if your pasta is sticky. It should be quite thick and dry, and easy to work.
3. Roll out on a well floured board to the desired thickness (usually as thin as you can get it), and either use as sheets for lasagne (this mix makes enough for 3-4 sheets), or cut into strands/shapes.